The second arc of the Formic Wars comic book series from Marvel is now available. I’m excited about this compilation. It includes five issues beautifully penciled and inked by Giancarlo Caracuzzo, with the super talented Jim Charalampidis as colorist. Both have been working on Formics Wars since the beginning, and they’re incredible. Marvel always produces a high-quality book production-wise, and this book is no exception. Nice binding, great printing, the works. Available at amazon.
Tag Archives | Marvel
Today the last issue of the second arc of Formic Wars hits comic shops. I’m proud of this issue. The art by Giancarlo is incredible. This concludes the First Formic War. There is a still another war before Ender Wiggin is born. It’s called — can you guess? — the Second Formic War. Fans of Ender’s Game know that war well, or at least know some of what happens in the war. It’s at the end of the Second Formic War that Mazer Rackham defies orders and fires upon the queen’s ship, killing her and ending the war. That’s not a spoiler, folks. We’ve known that all along. It’s in Ender’s Game.
In any event, Scott Card and I are excited about telling that story. As all Ender’s Game fans know, the asteroid Eros will play a critical role. That’s where the Formics set up a base from which to orchestrate their invasion of Earth. Should be fun.
Here’s a description of and credits for issue five.
Writer: AARON WILLIAM JOHNSTON, Orson Scott Card
Artist: GIANCARLO CARACUZZO
Colorist: JIM CHARALAMPIDIS
• The Shocking Conclusion To The First Formic War, A Prequel To Orson Scott’s Card’s Science-Fiction Classic Ender’s Game.
• The Formics Fight To The Bitter End. But Is It The End?
• The Hegemon Of Earth Is Revealed!
The all-new prequel to Orson Scott Card’s science-fiction classic Ender’s Game returns! With 44 million people killed by the toxic gas the alien formics unleashed in China, the only hope of a counter-agent lies with Mazer Rackham and the Mobile Operations Police safely retrieving a sample. Meanwhile, young asteroid miner Victor Delgado has snuck aboard the formic mothership in hopes of taking it down alone…and boy is he is for a big disappointment.
This is an action-packed issue with amazing art by Giancarlo Carracuzzo. Enjoy.
Marvel has compiled my five-issue adaptation of Orson Scott Card’s novel Speaker for the Dead into a beautifully bound hardcover. This project was a thrill to work on since Speaker is one of my all-time favorite novels. If you haven’t read it, I strongly advise you to do so. It won the Hugo and Nebula Awards the year it was published, and for good reason. Here’s a link to Orson Scott Card’s site where you can read more about the novel.
Credits for the adaptation:
Writer: Aaron Johnston
Penciller: Pop Mahn
Penciller (cover): Giuseppe Camuncoli
Editor: Jordan White
The hardcover is out, and it looks incredible. This includes all seven issues of the first run of Formic Wars. Giancarlo Caracuzzo has done amazing art for the series. And Jim Charalampidis is a wizard of color and light. Scott Card and I have had a lot of fun developing this. As a life-long fan of Ender’s Game, I’ve always wondered what happened during the first two wars. Formic Wars is the answer.
Also be on the lookout for the first Formic Wars novel, coming Spring 2012. I’m very excited about that one as well. TOR is publishing. Look for more information coming soon.
- Read the first chapter. “@CommandPosts: Earth Afire http://t.co/eGv0fN1t6O #fictionfridays” 2 days ago
- Frances B. Monson, Wife of President Thomas S. Monson, Passes Away http://t.co/ZqYnv0stMT 2 days ago
- So sad. “@byutv: Our sincere condolences to #LDS President Thomas S. Monson, whose dear wife Frances passed away this morning.” 2 days ago
- Please be true: THE DARK TOWER Adaptation Update - Things are Looking Good! http://t.co/UiAusGdnlk 2 days ago
- Pure Inventions Commercial: I am a Rainbow January 30, 2009
- Earth Unaware is a bestseller September 11, 2012
- Secondhand Smoke Billboards for the Wyoming Department of Health February 17, 2009
- Breaking Dawn September 2, 2008
- Smell that? That’s fresh brewed advertising. September 16, 2009
- Earth Afire. Book 2 in the First Formic War March 21, 2013
- From the Ender’s Game Movie Set February 22, 2013
- The All-New Adventures of Superman February 6, 2013
- A short experience by Richard R. Becker involving Earth Unaware December 18, 2012
- Giving gifts to kids in need using Instagram December 17, 2012